Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Window Seat Roundup

If I had to chose just one design element that I covet the most, I think it might have to be the window seat. My love of them started sometime around the time when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade. My best friend at the time lived in a 200 year old house, and upstairs in the hallway there was an almost daybed sized window seat nestled into a cozy nook. It was surrounded by beautiful dark wood, and a set of built in bookshelves that were filled to the brim with all sorts of different books. Many a time our playdates would at some point come to us plopping ourselves on the cushy window seat, gazing out the window, and having girl talk. These were some of the best moments... and since then I have always wanted a window seat of my own. I can think of nothing more magical then curling up on a rainy day with a warm blanket, while being surrounded by soft cushions, and daydreaming the day away. Pure bliss!





Photo Credits (Top to Bottom, and Left to Right): House Beautiful, CoopTours, Unknown, Southern Living

0 comments:

Post a Comment